Department of Motor Vehicles

The Clerk and Recorder’s Motor Vehicle staff is dedicated to helping you register your vehicle. The Motor Vehicle Office is responsible for issuing Alamosa County residents: License Plates, Titles, Renewals, and V.I.N. Inspections.

  • Alamosa County does NOT have an emissions requirement for any vehicle registration.
  • Proof of insurance is required when registering any vehicle.
  • Payment Options: Cash, Local Check, Money Order, or Credit/Debit Card (2.7% vendor fee) 


Homemade Trailers:

Individuals seeking to register a homemade trailer needs to call the County Clerks Office for requirements.


Motor Vehicle Plate Renewals:

Renewals can be done by mail or in person. 

Proof of insurance is required when renewing you plates. 

We now offer renewals online when no changes or proof of insurance is required.


Out of State Vehicles:

Out of State Vehicles must have a current title or registration certificate (not more than 6 months expired).

Information Needed:

  • Drivers License or State Issued Identification 
  • Proof of Insurance
  • Weight Slip on Pickups over 4500lbs
  • V.I.N Inspection

Duplicate Titles:

Individuals whom need a duplicate title must provide a Drivers License or State Identification.

Cost: $8.20


Disability Parking:

Individuals who are in need of disability parking privileges must provide a drivers license or State issued identification and have an application be filled out by a medical doctor.