This program allows people to receive skilled care at home rather than in a hospital. ACPHD is Medicare/Medicaid certified and accepts most private insurance. Skilled Nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy, and aide services are available through home health. ACPHD has been serving people with home health since 1972. ACPHD serves people in Alamosa, Conejos, Costilla, Saugache, and Rio Grande counties.
Personal care provider services are also available. These support services include shopping, cooking, cleaning and personal care activities such as bathing, etc.
Home Health Services
Our Home Health program allows people to receive skilled care at home rather than in a hospital or other in- patient facility. Alamosa County Public Health Department’s Home Health is Medicare/Medicaid certified and accepts most private insurances.
Skilled nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy and aide services are available through home health. We have been of service to the communities of the San Luis Valley since 1972. We serve the adult and pediatric populations in all six SLV counties and have several specialized programs available. A physician order is required to access these services.
ACPHD Home Health has received the HomeCare Elite Top Agency award which ranks us in the top 25% of homecare agencies in the nation.
Registered Nurses and Licensed Practical Nurses provide: Individualized plans of care to fit the client’s needs which may include:
- Skilled assessment, observation and management of all body systems
- Education and instruction of medical diagnosis, conditions and medications
- Traditional wound care as well as state of the art techniques involving wound vacs and low level laser phototherapy lights
- Diabetic instruction and care
- Phlebotomy (draw blood specimens for lab test)
- Administration of IV therapy including antibiotics
- Insertion and care of PICC lines
- Medication set-up and management for Medicaid clients
Nurses’ Aides provide:
- Monitoring of the client’s vital signs
- Personal care services such as bathing, shampooing, and hygiene needs
- Simple therapy exercises at the instruction of the RN or PT
Occupational Therapists: Provide evaluation and implementation of assistive devices to encourage energy conservation. OT’s also assist the client in developing strategies and techniques to more effectively complete activities of daily living.
Physical Therapists: Provide gait training, range of motion exercises, strengthening for upper and lower extremities, post CVA/MI rehabilitation, wound assessment and treatment, low level laser phototherapy lights for wound healing and musculoskeletal surgeries/injuries. Individualized rehab programs are developed for each client.
Alamosa County Home Health (719) 589 - 6639
Consent for Services
Home Health Referral Form
Request for Medical Record Form
Other Home Health Services:
Personal care providers allow those clients who are with Options for Long Term Care to remain in their homes. These supports include shopping, cooking, cleaning and personal care activities such as bathing, etc. Contact us for private pay options.
Note: All personal Care Providers have been trained and CBI background checks done
- Light Housekeeping
- Meal Preparation
Personal Care Services:
- Assist with bathing/showering
- Hair and skin care